Achieving closed loop medication management is widely accepted as one of the core goals of e-health reform.
HCS believes that the traditional view of this – being the prescription, dispensing and administration of medicines – is too narrow as it does not cover the scope of medication related activities. Rather, we describe best practice in medication management to be a 360 degree activity.
Delivering more than just an electronic chart, the HCS Medicines solution informs all points of medication review, provides for PBS prescribing and electronic transfer of prescriptions. HIC approved and MIMS informed, the patient medicines record is informed from all prior clinical reviews, prescribing and pharmacy dispensed information.
The HCS Clinical Suite further supports clinicians by presenting diagnostic information from other health applications, and capturing other crucial patient information to complete the patient clinical profile:
- Pathology requests and results, from your pathology system;
- Observations and clinical calculations, where the observations documented drive automated calculation of renal function, cardiovascular risk and more;
- Lifestyle assessments, for smoking, alcohol consumption, illicit drug use, diet and exercise;
- Cognitive and capacity documentation, for measures of capacity to cope and comply with therapy;
- Vaccinations, to document administration and expiry of vaccines.
Handover of care between health settings is clearly a vital final step in a patient health encounter
..so why is it done so poorly?
HCS believe that success with referrals needs the full commitment of the clinicians responsible for their creation. And that involves delivering a process that is efficient while promoting best quality. Connected systems pre-populating summaries, controlled terminologies to complete and automated systems to send, assist authors to achieve this.
Add highest level standards compliance and organisation wide visibility of performance and you have a recipe for success!
Mix all this together and you have the most widely adopted referral solution in the acute care sector in Australia.