Digital Health Guide
An emerging challenge for clinicians is the use of health apps by consumers.
With an estimated 100,000+ health and medical apps in the iTunes and Google Play stores, there has been an explosion in the number of digital health solutions. Add to that the huge range of websites, online information sources and digital health communities and it becomes impossible to tell the good from the bad.
The Digital Health Guide reviews and recommends health apps to clinicians. Clinicians can then guide patients on the appropriate use of health apps, and even ‘prescribe’ them as part of ongoing care.
- Who made it, and what are their affiliations;
- What platforms does it work on;
- What the solution does;
- What diseases / conditions is the solution targeted at;
- What is the pricing model;
- Global ratings – combining health providers, app stores and our algorithms;
- Health provider reviews and documented clinical evidence.
Clinicians can guide patients on the appropriate use of health apps, and even ‘prescribe’ them as part of ongoing care.